GENEVA, June 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Weatherford International plc, formed in Ireland (NYSE: WFT), announced today that the shareholders of its predecessor company Weatherford International Ltd., formed in Switzerland, have approved changing its place of incorporation from Switzerland to Ireland. This action was taken at an Extraordinary General Meeting of Shareholders held yesterday at which the proposal was overwhelmingly approved by over 98% of the shareholders voting. Earlier today, Weatherford Switzerland merged into Weatherford Ireland, which has now become the parent of the Weatherford International group of companies.
With the completion of the merger mentioned above, the parent company of the Weatherford International group of companies continues to be subject to U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC") reporting requirements as well as the rules of the New York Stock Exchange (the "NYSE"), and its ordinary shares will be exclusively listed on the NYSE under the symbol "WFT." As previously announced, Weatherford's shares have been delisted from the NYSE Euronext Paris, and Weatherford also expects to delist its shares from the SIX Swiss Exchange on or about June 19, 2014.
For full details of the change in place of incorporation, please refer to Weatherford's proxy statement/prospectus regarding the Extraordinary General Meeting of Shareholders filed with the SEC on April 17, 2014.
About WeatherfordWeatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies. Weatherford's product and service portfolio spans the lifecycle of the well, and includes formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production. Weatherford provides innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry, and operates in over 100 countries currently employing more than 60,000 people worldwide.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV