American Water (NYSE: AWK), the largest publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company, announced today that its American Water Resources subsidiary is offering Service Line Protection Programs to homeowners in Wyoming. The protection programs provide homeowners with peace of mind from the unexpected repair costs associated with leaks and breaks in water lines, as well as clogs or blockages in sewer lines running through their property.
“Until a homeowner experiences a service line problem, many are unaware that they are responsible for the maintenance of the water and sewer lines that service their home. Since repairs to these pipes are not covered by most homeowners’ insurance policies, the job of finding, hiring, and paying someone to fix a service line problem falls solely on the homeowner. As of 2010, 45 percent of all pipes are in poor shape according to the National Association of Water Companies and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. Similarly, homeowners’ pipes can experience leaks and breaks or clogs and blockages due to age, tree roots and shifting soil resulting from weather and climate changes. So we are pleased to be working in Wyoming to educate homeowners about service line responsibility and to offer programs that help protect them from the potentially high cost of these repairs,” said Malcolm Conner, President of American Water Resources.
American Water Resources of Wyoming is now offering homeowners the following programs:
- The Water Line Protection Program enrollment is $5.49 per month and covers up to $5,000 in service line repairs and up to an additional $5,000 for street repairs, where necessary.
- The Sewer Line Protection Program enrollment is $9 per month and covers up to $4,000 for sewer line repairs plus up to $4,000 for street repairs, where necessary.
- Combined enrollment in both programs is available for $12.49 per month and includes the same coverage as the individual programs.
Homeowners in Wyoming will receive information about protection programs from American Water Resources in the mail starting in June. Residents may enroll in these optional protection programs or obtain additional information, either online at AWRofWY.com or by calling 877-513-8520 for 24/7 customer service.American Water Resources American Water Resources, LLC (AWR) is a provider of Water Line Protection, Sewer Line Protection and In-Home Plumbing Emergency Programs to homeowners in 40 states and Washington, D.C., and currently services over one million contracts. AWR has been providing protection programs for more than 13 years, earning both a 93% Customer Service Quality Rating nationwide and an A+ Rating from the Better Business Bureau. AWR also provides its Service Line Protection Programs to homeowners through municipal partnerships with the New York City Water Board, Nashville Metro Water Services and others. AWR is a subsidiary of American Water, the largest publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company in operation since 1886. For more information, visit the American Water Resources website at www.AWRUSA.com. Click here to subscribe to Mobile Alerts for American Water.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV