How to Keep Inflation From Killing Your Retirement
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- When financial experts talk about retirement challenges, it's usually savings, debt and taxes at the top of the conversation.
That's as it should be, as each issue can have a significant impact on your ability to meet and surpass your retirement goals.
But there's another lurking issue that can threaten a decent retirement: inflation. And retirement savers need to recognize it as the threat that it is, and craft a strategy to deal with it, one financial adviser says.
"Inflation is commonly referred to as the 'silent retirement killer,'" says Joshua Kadish, a financial planner with RPG-Life Transition Specialists. "Everything from grocery bills to utilities to real estate is subject to inflation, and unless your retirement savings will take this adjustment into account, it could pose a threat to your retirement plans."Also see: Disturbing Trend Shows Bankruptcies Up for Seniors Also see: 3 Ways Inflation Is Sabotaging Bank Savings
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV