NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Charter Communications (CHTR) and Comcast Corporation (CMCSA - Get Report) have named current Time Warner Cable (TWC) senior vice president and treasurer Matthew Siegel as chief financial officer of spinoff cable company SpinCo. Siegel will assume the position upon the completion of the Comcast-Time Warner Cable merger and Comcast-Charter deals.
Siegel will continue in his role as SVP and treasurer at Time Warner, a company he has been with since 2008, until the closing of the merger.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 31.48% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 33.27% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, CMCSA should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- COMCAST CORP has improved earnings per share by 31.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, COMCAST CORP increased its bottom line by earning $2.56 versus $2.29 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.81 versus $2.56).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Media industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 30.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $1,437.00 million to $1,871.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 14.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: CMCSA Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts