By James Dennin for Kapitall.
Though it might seem a little old-fashioned, father-son teams are far from a thing of the past.
It's not uncommon for a dad to pass the company on to an heir apparent—Warren Buffett recently announced he would be passing the company on to his son Howard, despite some calls for him to break the company up instead.
And the activist investor Carl Ichan has long-since groomed his son to take over the family business.When the two disagreed over the timing of the firm's sale of Netflix (NFLX), Ichan's son made, and won, a $15 million bet with his dad that the stock would continue to go up. There's certainly something to be said for picking things up at the family dinner table, so to speak. With that in mind, we decided to track down some other father-son run companies. Will keeping it in the family help keep these stocks up? Use the list below to begin your analysis, and happy Father's Day! Click on the interactive chart to view data over time. 1. Comcast Corporation ( CMCSA, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Provides entertainment, information, and communications products and services in the United States and internationally. Market cap at $136.62B, most recent closing price at $52.67. Comcast is a family business with the current CEO of Comcast, Brian L. Roberts replaced his father, co-founder Ralph Roberts. 2. Ford Motor Co. ( F, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Develops, manufactures, distributes, and services vehicles and parts worldwide. Market cap at $65.53B, most recent closing price at $16.52. Ford was started by Henry Ford in 1903. The company was handed down to his son Edsel Ford. Ford was later handed down to Henry Ford II the grandson of Henry Ford making this a three generation legacy company.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV