NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Trina Solar (TSL) shares are experiencing volatility on Monday following the Chinese integrated solar power manufacturer announcement that it had reached a deal to supply 92,000 solar panels with 23 megawatts of capacity to fellow Chinese company Linuo Solar Power for rooftop systems over 124 acres in the country's Shandong Province.
Shares spiked to a high of $12.31 in early market trading, fell -1% to $11.69 and are currently up 0.6% to 11.89.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
Terms of the deal, which is expected to completed by the end of June, have not yet been released.
TheStreet Ratings team rates TRINA SOLAR LTD as a Hold with a ratings score of C-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:"We rate TRINA SOLAR LTD (TSL) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed - some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk and poor profit margins." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- TSL's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 3.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 70.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- TRINA SOLAR LTD reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, TRINA SOLAR LTD continued to lose money by earning -$1.02 versus -$3.76 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.10 versus -$1.02).
- The gross profit margin for TRINA SOLAR LTD is rather low; currently it is at 20.57%. Despite the low profit margin, it has increased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, TSL's net profit margin of 5.95% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.16 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. To add to this, TSL has a quick ratio of 0.60, this demonstrates the lack of ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: TSL Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV