American Water (NYSE: AWK), the largest publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company, announced today that its American Water Resources subsidiary is expanding the number of states in which its Service Line Protection Programs will be available to homeowners in Louisiana and Wyoming.
Offered through American Water Resources, LLC, the Water Line and Sewer Line Protection Programs provide homeowners with peace of mind from the unexpected repair costs associated with leaks and breaks in water lines, as well as clogs or blockages in sewer lines running through their property. These repairs are not typically covered by homeowners’ insurance or by their water or sewer service provider.
“Until a homeowner experiences a service line problem, many are unaware that they are responsible for the maintenance of the water and sewer lines that service their home. Since repairs to these pipes are not covered by most homeowners’ insurance policies, the job of finding, hiring, and paying someone to fix a service line problem falls solely on the homeowner. As of 2010, 45 percent of all pipes are in poor shape according to the National Association of Water Companies and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. Similarly, homeowners’ pipes can experience leaks and breaks or clogs and blockages due to age, tree roots and shifting soil resulting from weather and climate changes. So we are pleased to be able to educate homeowners about service line responsibility and to offer programs that help protect them from the potentially high cost of these repairs,” said Malcolm Conner, President of American Water Resources.
In Louisiana and Wyoming, the Water Line Protection Program covers up to $5,000 in service line repairs and up to an additional $5,000 for street repairs where necessary, and the Sewer Line Protection Program covers up to $4,000 for sewer line repairs plus up to $4,000 for street repairs, where necessary.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV