NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Advanced Micro Devices (AMD - Get Report) was gaining 2.6% to $4.39 Monday after announcing the extension of tender offer for its 8.125% notes and its related consent payment deadline.
AMD is extending the time holders of its 8.125% Senior Notes due 2017 have to early tender the notes and receive an additional $20 for each $1,000 principal amount of notes purchased in the recent tender offer. The deadline for early tender is now midnight EDT on June 19, 2014.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 3.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 28.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- ADVANCED MICRO DEVICES reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, ADVANCED MICRO DEVICES continued to lose money by earning -$0.11 versus -$1.59 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.17 versus -$0.11).
- 38.44% is the gross profit margin for ADVANCED MICRO DEVICES which we consider to be strong. Regardless of AMD's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, AMD's net profit margin of -1.43% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 4.18 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio is weak, AMD's quick ratio is somewhat strong at 1.26, demonstrating the ability to handle short-term liquidity needs.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to -$204.00 million or 31.61% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: AMD Ratings Report