The partnership will offer a $200 million load program for SunPower residential projects for the next two years. Homeowners can apply for a loan of up to $60,000 to install a SunPower solar system on their home under the program.
"In some cases, the loan payment may be equal to or less than a homeowner's current utility bill and, once the loan is paid off, the homeowner will own a system that can produce clean electricity for the life of the system," SunPower CFO Chuck Boynton said in a press release. "They may also benefit from increased home value as a result of the solar system on the roof."
Must read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates SUNPOWER CORP as a Buy with a ratings score of B-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate SUNPOWER CORP (SPWR) a BUY. This is driven by some important positives, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- SPWR's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 191.30% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 82.16% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, SPWR should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- SUNPOWER CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, SUNPOWER CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $0.57 versus -$3.01 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.33 versus $0.57).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income increased by 218.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$54.70 million to $65.04 million.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, SUNPOWER CORP's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: SPWR Ratings Report