Williams Partners will pay $6 billion for Access Midstream. According to Bloomberg, the combined companies would have a market value of about $36.9 billion. The deal would make the combined companies one of the largest U.S. fuel transporters.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 2.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $344.00 million to $352.00 million.
- 39.93% is the gross profit margin for WILLIAMS PARTNERS LP which we consider to be strong. Regardless of WPZ's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, WPZ's net profit margin of 20.79% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $549.00 million or 7.43% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, WILLIAMS PARTNERS LP's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 17.38%.
- WILLIAMS PARTNERS LP's earnings per share declined by 28.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, WILLIAMS PARTNERS LP reported lower earnings of $1.45 versus $1.94 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.06 versus $1.45).
- WPZ, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 3.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 6.3%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: WPZ Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts