The firm said it raised its rating on the company, which provides customers with data storage platforms, based on the end of the stock's lock-up expiration overhand, and the belief secular challenges in the storage market are not going to harm the company.
Nimble Storage stock also received a boost this morning following the $1.1 billion deal SanDisk Corp. (SNDK) made to acquire the computer hardware and software company Fusion-io FIO as the deal has helped lift shares in the data storage sector.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
Other stocks rising on the news include NetApp Inc. (NTAP) up 1.01% to $36.02, and Violin Memory Inc. (VMEM) higher by 2.28% to $4.04 this morning.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV