AUSTIN, Texas, June 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- NI (Nasdaq: NATI) today announced VirtualBench, an all-in-one instrument that integrates a mixed-signal oscilloscope, function generator, digital multimeter, programmable DC power supply and digital I/O. Users interact with VirtualBench through software applications that run on PCs or iPads. The device provides the most common functionality affordably and opens up new possibilities for how engineers can use benchtop instruments.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/7230751-ni-reshapes-instrumentation-with-software-based-device-virtualbench
"Before, I didn't have the room or budget to buy a full setup for each bench," said Russell Stanphil, electronics advisor at TechShop. "I can now park one laptop and a VirtualBench on each seat, replacing four to five boxes."
Because VirtualBench uses today's consumer computing platforms, engineers and scientists can take advantage of the latest technologies like multitouch displays, multicore processors, wireless connectivity and intuitive interfaces. The simplification and increased capability through software leads to more efficient circuit debugging and validation."We are building on what NI does best, which is our software-based approach to test and measurement," said Chad Chesney, director of data acquisition marketing at NI. "VirtualBench's software user experience is more intuitive, creating efficiencies that go above and beyond simply having these five devices in a single device." Key Benefits
- Takes up minimal space on a desktop or benchtop
- Simplifies instrument configuration through consistent, user-friendly interfaces
- Offers new capability and convenience with a consolidated view of multiple instruments, visualization on larger displays and quick functionality to save data and screenshots
- Integrates seamlessly with LabVIEW system design software
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts