NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Goldman Sachs removed Team Health (TMH - Get Report) from its "Conviction Buy" list after 13 months. The firm noted consensus and estimates have converged and set a $59 price target.
The stock was down 0.3% to $49.69 at 9:57 a.m. on Monday.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- TEAM HEALTH HOLDINGS INC has improved earnings per share by 26.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, TEAM HEALTH HOLDINGS INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.23 versus $0.93 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.20 versus $1.23).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Health Care Providers & Services industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 31.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $18.15 million to $23.85 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 16.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.7%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 26.92% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 26.33% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- The gross profit margin for TEAM HEALTH HOLDINGS INC is rather high; currently it is at 52.76%. Regardless of TMH's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 2.15% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: TMH Ratings Report