DALLAS, June 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Expanding TI's leading portfolio of DC/DC converters, Texas Instruments (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced the industry's smallest and highest performance 1-A and 4-A buck-boost regulators. Designed to extend battery life in Li-Ion battery-powered designs ranging from portable medical devices to point-of-sale terminals, the 1-A TPS63050 and 4-A TPS630250 single-inductor devices achieve up to 95 percent efficiency in half the solution size compared to other products on the market. To order samples and evaluation module, visit: www.ti.com/tps630250-pr.
The TPS630250 converter with 4-A switches supports a wide input voltage range of 2.3 V to 5.5 V and can discharge lithium batteries down to 2.5 V or lower, while maintaining excellent light load efficiency and a quiescent current of 35 uA. The 2.5-MHz device can achieve a complete DC/DC buck-boost solution of 33mm 2 -- less than half the size achieved with existing 4-A products.
Features and benefits of TPS630250:
- Highest efficiency: Achieves up to 95 percent power efficiency and a high-output current capability to generate the most current with the greatest amount of efficiency. For example, it can achieve 3 A at 3.3 V out in step-down mode and more than 2 A at 3.3 V out in boost mode.
- Light-load power savings: Power Save Mode maintains high efficiency over the complete load current range. And the new buck-boost converter delivers the industry's lowest quiescent current of 35uA.
- Smallest, thinnest solution size: 2.5-MHz converter in a 1.766-mm by 2.086-mm by 0.5-mm CSP package achieves a solution size of 33 mm 2.
Complete DC/DC converter and battery management portfolioTI provides the industry's most comprehensive line of DC/DC converters comprising buck-boost, step-down and boost architectures to support any portable power requirement. TI also offers switch-mode battery chargers, including the new bq24192 4.5-A single-cell USB/adapter chargers that allow portable electronics to charge faster and at the highest power conversion efficiency.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV