RICHMOND, Va., June 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Genworth Financial, Inc. (NYSE: GNW) has kicked-off a national real-life research and education program aimed at creating conversations around a pressing issue confronting many Americans: determining a way to plan and pay for long term care needs for an aging population.
The Genworth #LetsTalk Tour will visit five cities across the United States – New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Dallas – in addition to engaging people via social media. Through a series of 1:1 interactions on the #LetsTalk Tour, the company plans to connect with at least 15,000 people and their families who will help Genworth better understand attitudes regarding long term care and how best to start a family conversation about long term care planning. Genworth will share the findings of the research and intends to use these findings to help educate others on how to have "the talk." In addition, throughout the tour, Genworth will provide resources to help answer families' long term care planning questions.
Unofficially launched at the Turner Classic Film Festival in Los Angeles in April, the Genworth #LetsTalk Tour is designed to encourage families to have "the talk" about aging and will explore what that means for the family in terms of health, money and impact on day-to-day life. "The talk" can be a difficult conversation because it deals with a sensitive subject, but successful conversations can result in families gaining an understanding of long term care options and preferred forms of care.
"We want to help all Americans prepare for the very real risk that they will need long term care services and support at some point in their families' lives," says Tom McInerney, Genworth's President and CEO. "That's why we have undertaken the Genworth #LetsTalk Tour. What we learn with the input we receive will help to support an expansion of public understanding and especially Americans' awareness of the need to plan and take action."The #LetsTalk Tour includes stops in the following cities:
- New York City, June 27 - 28
- Chicago, July 9 -13
- Los Angeles, August 30 - September 1
- San Francisco, September 6 - 7
- Dallas, October 2 - 6
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV