DALLAS, June 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Today Texas Instruments (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) introduced its new SimpleLink™ Wi-Fi® CC3100 and CC3200 platforms for Internet of Things (IoT) applications. The SimpleLink Wi-Fi family is the first in a series of new easy, low power SimpleLink wireless connectivity solutions for the IoT. This new Internet-on-a-chip™ family allows customers to easily add embedded Wi-Fi and Internet to a wide-range of home, industrial and consumer electronics through features including:
- The industry's lowest power consumption for battery operated devices with a low power radio and advanced low power modes.
- Flexibility to use any microcontroller (MCU) with the CC3100 solution or leverage the CC3200's integrated programmable ARM ® Cortex ®-M4 MCU, allowing customers to add their own code.
- Easy development for the IoT with quick connection, cloud support and on-chip Wi-Fi, Internet and robust security protocols, requiring no prior Wi-Fi experience to get a product connected.
- The ability to simply and securely connect their devices to Wi-Fi using a phone or tablet app or a web browser with multiple provisioning options including SmartConfig™ Technology, WPS and AP mode.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/players/English/70647514-add-wi-fi-to-anything-with-ti-s-internet-on-a-chip-new-simplelink
With a QFN package and fully integrated RF and analog, the CC3100 and CC3200 allow developers to create a low cost, compact and easy to use system by placing the device directly on a PCB. The SimpleLink Wi-Fi family comes with cloud connectivity support through TI's IoT cloud ecosystem members. TI also provides various kits and software tools, a certified TI module (coming soon), reference designs, sample applications, development documentation, and TI E2E™ community support.
Building on its MCU ecosystem of low-cost LaunchPad evaluation kits and BoosterPack plug-in modules, TI provides developers an easy way to design and evaluate Wi-Fi and Internet applications:
- Get started using TI's SimpleLink Wi-Fi CC3200 solution with the first wireless connectivity LaunchPad evaluation kit.
- The SimpleLink Wi-Fi CC3100 BoosterPack plus the Advanced Emulation BoosterPack allows customers to connect to any MCU, including the ultra-low power MSP430™ LaunchPad.
- If customers have not selected an MCU or want to get started quickly, they can begin software development with a PC and the CC3100 BoosterPack plus the Advanced Emulation BoosterPack using SimpleLink Studio.
- SimpleLink Wi-Fi CC3100 and CC3200 solutions are available now through TI eStore and TI authorized distributors:
- CC3100 and CC3200 production units will be available in July and will be part of TI's sample program.
- CC3100 –$6.70 per 1,000 units
- CC3200 –Starting at $7.99 per 1,000 units
- CC3100 and CC3200 modules will be available in 3Q
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV