It's Time for Your Midyear Financial Checkup
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- It's been roughly six months since we made our New Year's resolutions.
With July 1 on the horizon, that means it's time for a six-month checkup -- a list that covers your progress and yearlong financial objectives.
"The best advice is to start right now," says John Piershale, wealth adviser at Piershale Financial Group in Crystal Lake, Ill. "Half the year is up, so make year-end goals realistic and obtainable. When it comes to your retirement, save as much as you can in every possible source."
Once you break out your checklist, Piershale advises focusing on revenue-generating moves that are especially critical at the midpoint of the calendar:Also see: 5 Cliches That Will Keep You From Making Money Also see: 7 Steps to Better Credit for the 40% Who Don't Understand Their Score
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV