NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Old technology companies are in vogue again as momentum returns to the nine stocks profiled today. Each has gained between 10% and 40% year to date and between 19% and 66% during the last 12 months.
On April 7 I wrote, Will Investors Support Microsoft After It Ends Windows XP Support?. The answer is yes as businesses migrate away from Windows XP. Microsoft (MSFT) recommends that companies shift to Windows 8.1. That means demand for new PCs as older computers will not run under Windows 8.1.
As a lyric from the Peter Allen and Carole Bayer Sager song goes, "We'll order now, what we ordered then, cause "Everything Old is New Again."All nine stocks are above their five key moving averages with either rising or overbought 12x3x3 weekly slow stochastics, which makes all weekly chart profiles positive. This is the characteristics of all momentum stocks. Apple (AAPL) ($91.28) traded at its 2014 intraday high at $95.05 last Tuesday with a monthly value level at $90.23 and a semiannual risky level at $95.32. Adobe Systems (ADBE) ($66.82) is an important stock to watch this week as the company reports quarterly results after the closing bell on Tuesday. Analysts expect the company to report earnings per share of 16 cents. Weekly and semiannual value levels are $63.53 and $62.44, respectively, with quarterly and monthly risky levels at $72.23 and $72.53, respectively. A new computer may require the purchase of new Adobe software. Applied Materials (AMAT) ($22.37) set a multiyear intraday high at $22.41 on Friday on the prospect of increased demand for semiconductor fabrication equipment. We show weekly and monthly value levels at $21.67 and $20.96, respectively, with a quarterly pivot at $22.07.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV