The results are in, and voters have chosen the nonprofit North Little Rock Community Farm of North Little Rock, Ark., as the winner of the Regions Bank “What a Difference a Day Makes” contest.
For receiving more votes than any other nonprofit featured in the contest, the North Little Rock Community Farm will receive 100 volunteer hours from Regions associates and $5,000 from the company. The second and third-place finishers in the contest – the Indianapolis Neighborhood Housing Partnership of Indianapolis, Ind., and Branches, Inc. of Miami, Fla., respectively – will receive 50 volunteer service hours from Regions associates and $1,000 from the company. In addition, all other nonprofits featured in the vote will each receive 50 volunteer service hours from Regions associates and $500 from the company.
The four-week online vote concluded at 5 p.m. CDT on Friday. The North Little Rock Community Farm received 18,397 votes, securing its first-place finish. The Indianapolis Neighborhood Housing Partnership captured 15,785 votes. Branches, Inc. received 10,853 votes. Nearly 73,000 votes were cast between the 19 nonprofits highlighted.
“Regions Bank believes in supporting our communities not only through financial assistance but also by giving our time and our talents to organizations that are making a difference,” said Rick Swagler, head of External Affairs for Regions Financial Corporation. “Through the online contest, we have been able to share the mission of these nonprofits with a broader audience, and we have encouraged members of the public to show their support by voting for their favorites. The work these nonprofits do has a real impact on people in our communities, and Regions is honored to help support their efforts.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV