The 20 Most Expensive Private High Schools in America
Updated from the 10 most expensive private schools in America to the 20 most expensive private schools in America.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- George Washington Carver said that "education is the key to unlock the golden door of freedom." But as anyone who has attended a four year college institution in the last decade can attest, access to that door to freedom isn't necessarily free. Freedom at this point isn't even really affordable for large swaths of Americans.
The average tuition for a private nonprofit four-year institution including room and board is $40,917, a 14% five year percentage change. Public institutions cost $18,391 a year, a 20% increase from the previous five years.
While grade schooling is provided by the government and paid for by taxes, parents of means do have the option of sending their children to elite private schools. These schools are very exclusive, often have famous alumni and are all extremely expensive. All of the schools on this list have a higher tuition than the average four year colleges and universities in this country.
Here is the list of the most expensive Private High Schools in America...
#20 - Miss Porter's School
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV