If you thought there was a lot of beer-drinking during the Superbowl, nothing beats the World Cup.
As World Cup soccer fever sweeps the globe, chances are bars are packed with cheering fans.
Beer is a huge part of the U.S economy. In the U.S. alone the overall beer industry was worth $100 billion in 2013, according to the Brewers Association.
Of that amount, craft brewing made up $14.3 billion of it.
The widely recognized site RateBeer.com touts itself as the most visited source for accurate craft beer information. Its users are comprised of an independent community of beer enthusiasts who narrowed down the Top 20 best bottles in the world.
Users rank the beer on various criteria including aroma, appearance, and taste.
Interestingly, the majority of the best craft beers are made in the U.S.A, but many of them are pretty hard to find. Here is a list of the top 20 craft beers in the world...
This Imperial Stout is brewed in Chicago at the Goose Island Brewery.
One RateBeer user from Belgium said, "It pours pitch black, syrupy with almost no head," adding, "taste is very heavy on the chocolate, coffee. Very damn tasty but quite fierce with alcohol."
20. Goose Island Bourbon County Stout
Rating 4.24 out of 5
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV