The 10 Most Miserable Cities In America
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- In a yearly survey, Gallup ranks American cities according to their "well-being," with the bottom of the list being the most miserable cities in the country.
The survey averages the life evaluation, emotional health, work environment, physical health, healthy behaviors, and access to basic needs of the people in each city. It may not be a perfect method, but it's the best method we have to determine which cities are the most miserable. A perfect well-being score is 100, although most of the cities on this list are closer to 60.
The data is from phone surveys conducted in 2013, and also includes stats on the obesity rate of each city as well as the percentage of people who exercise frequently, eat produce frequently, smoke, deal with daily stress, and are uninsured.
10. Evansville, INTenth on the list is Evansville with a score of 62.9, though its overall score is tied for eighth.. More than half of the city, 55.8%, reports dealing with daily stress, 18.2% is uninsured, and 29.4% of all residents smoke. Only 48.7% of the city exercises daily, 55.3% eats produce frequently, and 28.6% is obese. Evansville improved its position from last year when it was number eight with a well-being score of 63.1.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV