3 Stocks Pushing The Industrial Industry Higher
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.All three major indices traded up today with the Dow Jones Industrial Average (^DJI) trading up 22 points (0.1%) at 16,756 as of Friday, June 13, 2014, 3:55 PM ET. The NYSE advances/declines ratio sits at 1,626 issues advancing vs. 1,329 declining with 172 unchanged.The Industrial industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3% versus the S&P 500, which was up 0.2%. Top gainers within the Industrial industry included Bonso Electronics International (BNSO), up 5.8%, Euro Tech Holdings (CLWT), up 3.2%, Ultralife Batteries (ULBI), up 3.2%, GreenHunter Resources (GRH), up 18.5% and NF Energy Saving (NFEC), up 6.4%.TheStreet Ratings Group would like to highlight 3 stocks pushing the industry higher today:NF Energy Saving (NFEC) is one of the companies that pushed the Industrial industry higher today. NF Energy Saving was up $0.13 (6.4%) to $2.09 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 339,054 shares of NF Energy Saving exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 143,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $2.00-$2.35 after having opened the day at $2.16 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $1.96. NF Energy Saving Corporation, through its subsidiaries, engages in the production of heavy industrial components and products in the People's Republic of China. It operates through two segments, Heavy Manufacturing Business and Energy-saving Related Business. NF Energy Saving has a market cap of $10.1 million and is part of the industrial goods sector. Shares are up 23.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are no analysts who rate NF Energy Saving a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.TheStreet Ratings rates NF Energy Saving as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity.Highlights from TheStreet Ratings analysis on NFEC go as follows:
- NF ENERGY SAVING CORP's earnings have gone downhill when comparing its most recently reported quarter with the same quarter a year earlier. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, NF ENERGY SAVING CORP swung to a loss, reporting -$0.03 versus $0.01 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Machinery industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 1200.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $0.01 million to -$0.11 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Machinery industry and the overall market, NF ENERGY SAVING CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- 35.28% is the gross profit margin for NF ENERGY SAVING CORP which we consider to be strong. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, NFEC's net profit margin of -6.28% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- NFEC's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.27 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.80 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV