3 Chemicals Stocks Nudging The Industry Higher
- AMRS, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 3.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 23.2%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for AMYRIS INC is rather high; currently it is at 59.68%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 271.22% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 59.02% to -$9.95 million when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 17.43%.
- The stock has risen over the past year and, it has performed in line with the S&P 500 thus far. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, we do not believe this stock offers ample reward opportunity to compensate for the risks, despite the fact that it rose over the past year.
- AMYRIS INC has improved earnings per share by 22.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, AMYRIS INC continued to lose money by earning -$3.10 versus -$3.75 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.80 versus -$3.10).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts