LAVAL, Quebec, June 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. (NYSE: VRX) (TSX: VRX) today announced that it will conduct a fact-based presentation to refute recent misleading assertions made by Allergan, Inc. (NYSE: AGN) and others, as well as answer additional investor questions, on June 17, 2014.
Conference Call and Webcast Information
The Company will host a conference call and a live Internet webcast along with a slide presentation at 8:00 a.m. ET ( 5:00 a.m. PT), June 17, 2014. The dial-in number to participate on this call is (877) 876-8393 confirmation code 61308765. International callers should dial (973) 200-3961, confirmation code 61308765. A replay will be available approximately two hours following the conclusion of the conference call through June 24, 2014 and can be accessed by dialing (855) 859-2056, or (404) 537-3406, confirmation code 61308765. The live webcast of the conference call may be accessed through the investor relations section of the Company's corporate website at www.valeant.com.
About ValeantValeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. (NYSE/TSX:VRX) is a multinational specialty pharmaceutical company that develops, manufactures and markets a broad range of pharmaceutical products primarily in the areas of dermatology, eye health, neurology and branded generics. More information about Valeant can be found at www.valeant.com. Forward-looking Statements This communication may contain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and Canadian securities laws. These forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, statements regarding Valeant's offer to acquire Allergan, its financing of the proposed transaction, its expected future performance (including expected results of operations and financial guidance), and the combined company's future financial condition, operating results, strategy and plans. Forward-looking statements may be identified by the use of the words "anticipates," "expects," "intends," "plans," "should," "could," "would," "may," "will," "believes," "estimates," "potential," "target," "opportunity," "tentative," "positioning," "designed," "create," "predict," "project," "seek," "ongoing," "upside," "increases" or "continue" and variations or similar expressions. These statements are based upon the current expectations and beliefs of management and are subject to numerous assumptions, risks and uncertainties that change over time and could cause actual results to differ materially from those described in the forward-looking statements. These assumptions, risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, assumptions, risks and uncertainties discussed in the company's most recent annual or quarterly report filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC") and the Canadian Securities Administrators (the "CSA") and assumptions, risks and uncertainties relating to the proposed merger, as detailed from time to time in Valeant's filings with the SEC and the CSA, which factors are incorporated herein by reference. Important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from the forward-looking statements we make in this communication are set forth in other reports or documents that we file from time to time with the SEC and the CSA, and include, but are not limited to:
- the ultimate outcome of any possible transaction between Valeant and Allergan including the possibilities that Valeant will not pursue a transaction with Allergan and that Allergan will reject a transaction with Valeant;
- if a transaction between Valeant and Allergan were to occur, the ultimate outcome and results of integrating the operations of Valeant and Allergan, the ultimate outcome of Valeant's pricing and operating strategy applied to Allergan and the ultimate ability to realize synergies;
- the effects of the business combination of Valeant and Allergan, including the combined company's future financial condition, operating results, strategy and plans;
- the effects of governmental regulation on our business or potential business combination transaction;
- ability to obtain regulatory approvals and meet other closing conditions to the transaction, including all necessary stockholder approvals, on a timely basis;
- our ability to sustain and grow revenues and cash flow from operations in our markets and to maintain and grow our customer base, the need for innovation and the related capital expenditures and the unpredictable economic conditions in the United States and other markets;
- the impact of competition from other market participants;
- the development and commercialization of new products;
- the availability and access, in general, of funds to meet our debt obligations prior to or when they become due and to fund our operations and necessary capital expenditures, either through (i) cash on hand, (ii) free cash flow, or (iii) access to the capital or credit markets;
- our ability to comply with all covenants in our indentures and credit facilities, any violation of which, if not cured in a timely manner, could trigger a default of our other obligations under cross-default provisions; and
- the risks and uncertainties detailed by Allergan with respect to its business as described in its reports and documents filed with the SEC.