NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Mankind
(MNKD) shares are up 3.3% to $10.11 on Friday after analysts at RBC Capital initiated coverage with an "outperform" rating and $16 price target on the company.
The price target represents a 60% upside over the company's opening price today.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
With the rapid action insulin market currently valued at over $16 billion, the optimistic outlook rests on the shoulders of the company's potential breakthrough insulin inhaler Afrezza.
The company's stock price fell yesterday however after it announced that an Afrezza partnership may not happen until 6-8 weeks after the drugs approval.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV