Retail Opportunity, a fully integrated, self-managed real estate investment trust, has priced 12,500,000 shares of common stock at $14.95 per share, for approximately $178.6 million in net proceeds.
Underwriters have been granted a 30-day option to purchase an additional 1,875,000 shares.
The REIT said it is planning to use the net proceeds to "reduce borrowings under the company's $350 million unsecured revolving credit facility." Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates RETAIL OPPORTUNITY INVTS CP as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate RETAIL OPPORTUNITY INVTS CP (ROIC) a BUY. This is driven by a few notable strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations, increase in stock price during the past year and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 10.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 47.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry average. The net income increased by 36.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $2.29 million to $3.13 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 268.61% to $16.27 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, RETAIL OPPORTUNITY INVTS CP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 29.99%.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- RETAIL OPPORTUNITY INVTS CP reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past 2 years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, RETAIL OPPORTUNITY INVTS CP increased its bottom line by earning $0.47 versus $0.15 in the prior year.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: ROIC Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV