Trade-Ideas: Jos A Bank Clothiers (JOSB) Is Today's New Lifetime High Stock
- JOSB has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $48.8 million.
- JOSB has traded 1,429 shares today.
- JOSB is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in JOSB with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for JOSB NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on JOSB: Jos. A. Bank Clothiers, Inc. operates as designer, manufacturer, retailer, and direct marketer of men's tailored and casual clothing, and accessories in the United States. JOSB has a PE ratio of 16.8. Currently there are no analysts that rate Jos A Bank Clothiers a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Jos A Bank Clothiers has been 577,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Jos A Bank Clothiers has a market cap of $1.8 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 1.02 and a short float of 23.1% with 7.44 days to cover. Shares are up 18.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Jos A Bank Clothiers as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 2.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- JOSB has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. To add to this, JOSB has a quick ratio of 2.45, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The gross profit margin for JOS A BANK CLOTHIERS INC is rather high; currently it is at 64.06%. Regardless of JOSB's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, JOSB's net profit margin of -17.08% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Specialty Retail industry and the overall market, JOS A BANK CLOTHIERS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$101.00 million or 100.85% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full Jos A Bank Clothiers Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.