NEW YORK, June 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- AT&T and FleishmanHillard have received the Public Relations Society of America's (PRSA) Best of Silver Anvil Award. The award, given to AT&T's It Can Wait no-texting-while-driving program, celebrates the industry's top campaign of the year. The honor was announced at PRSA's annual Silver Anvil ceremony.
The It Can Wait program, which aims to eliminate texting while driving, also won the Silver Anvil in the Public Service–Business category. The Best of Silver Anvil recipient is selected from all Silver Anvil winners.
The It Can Wait movement has two main goals: 1) reduce the number of automobile crashes caused by texting while driving, and 2) spur advocacy to show that texting and driving is as dangerous as drinking and driving. AT&T, working with FleishmanHillard and additional supporting agencies, garnered the support from 1,500-plus organizations (up from 160 the previous year), enlisted celebrity help, created a moving documentary and engaged audiences via social media (#ItCanWait). And these efforts may be making an impact. A preliminary analysis of It Can Wait activities and accident reports in Texas, Illinois and Florida suggests a positive statistical correlation between people sharing It Can Wait messages and a projected reduction in crashes. Meanwhile, the program has achieved billions of earned and social media impressions and nearly 5 million pledges not to text while driving.
In addition to the Best of Silver Anvil Award, FleishmanHillard's work with AT&T received a Silver Anvil in the Multicultural PR—Business category for its "Reigniting AT&T's Engagement With the LGBT Community" program. Plus, the firm's work for clients Hallmark, The Mission Continues, Home Instead Senior Care and AT&T received Award of Excellence recognition.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV