The Charles Schwab Corporation released its Monthly Market Activity Report today. Company highlights for the month of May 2014 include:
- Net new assets brought to the company by new and existing clients in May 2014 totaled $10.9 billion.
- Total client assets were a record $2.35 trillion as of month-end May, up 12% from May 2013 and up 2% compared to April 2014.
- Clients’ daily average trades were 445.7 thousand in May 2014, down 12% compared to May 2013 and down 17% compared to April 2014. May 2014 trading activity included a 14% sequential decrease in daily average revenue trades. Thus far in June, daily average revenue trades are similar to May levels.
The SMART report can be viewed with its accompanying 12-month data at http://www.aboutschwab.com/investor_relations/financial_reports/
About Charles Schwab
The Charles Schwab Corporation (NYSE:SCHW) is a leading provider of financial services, with more than 325 offices and 9.2 million active brokerage accounts, 1.3 million corporate retirement plan participants, 944,000 banking accounts, and $2.35 trillion in client assets as of May 31, 2014. Through its operating subsidiaries, the company provides a full range of securities brokerage, banking, money management and financial advisory services to individual investors and independent investment advisors. Its broker-dealer subsidiary, Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. (member SIPC,
http://www.sipc.org), and affiliates offer a complete range of investment services and products including an extensive selection of mutual funds; financial planning and investment advice; retirement plan and equity compensation plan services; referrals to independent fee-based investment advisors; and custodial, operational and trading support for independent, fee-based investment advisors through Schwab Advisor Services. Its banking subsidiary, Charles Schwab Bank (member FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender), provides banking and lending services and products. More information is available at
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts