LONDON, June 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Hertz Corporation (NYSE: HTZ), has recently joined in Spain Zero Emissions Mobility To All (Zem2All), the largest electric mobility demonstration project in Europe. In partnership with Endesa, Hertz will be renting the all-electric Nissan Leaf from its Malaga city and airport locations to help to promote sustainable and smarter city transport.
Globally, Hertz is working to provide customers and communities with sustainable mobility solutions, such as zero emissions and alternative fuel vehicles as well as car sharing as part of its sustainability program Living Journey ( www.HertzLivingJourney.com).
Hertz's collaboration with Zem2All and the City of Malaga aims to deliver sustainable real-world solutions by providing electric vehicle (EV) access to local residents and tourists alike.
Michel Taride, Group President, Hertz International, said: "As a leader in the car rental industry, Hertz is well positioned to help customers and cities to gain first-hand experience with electric vehicles. We strongly believe that investing in innovative and convenient solutions that reduce the environmental impacts of travel is an important step towards sustainable transport on a global scale. In partnership with Zem2All, we will be working to create a compelling electric drive transport model that can be easily exported to other cities."Zem2All was created to transform mobility in cities, implement widespread use of electric vehicles and gain the knowledge required to deploy large-scale EV's schemes in cities. Through this project, 160 electric vehicles and recharging points have already been rolled out in Malaga with another 40 coming soon.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV