Trade-Ideas: Express (EXPR) Is Today's Post-Market Leader Stock
- EXPR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $53.7 million.
- EXPR is up 4.8% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EXPR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EXPR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on EXPR: Express, Inc. operates as a specialty apparel and accessory retailer primarily in the United States. Its stores provide apparel and accessories for women and men between 20 and 30 years old across various aspects of the lifestyles comprising work, casual, jeanswear, and going-out occasions. EXPR has a PE ratio of 13.2. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Express a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Express has been 2.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Express has a market cap of $1.2 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 1.39 and a short float of 5.2% with 1.07 days to cover. Shares are down 25.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Express as a hold. The company's strongest point has been its expanding profit margins. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- EXPR, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 2.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 9.6%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 33.48%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 84.21% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- EXPRESS INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last two years. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, EXPRESS INC reported lower earnings of $1.38 versus $1.60 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 39.9% in earnings ($0.83 versus $1.38).
- The gross profit margin for EXPRESS INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 34.05%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 1.10% trails that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$31.19 million or 681.73% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full Express Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.