NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Lululemon (LULU) stock plummeted over Thursday's session, weighed on by the company's weaker-than-expected guidance. By market close, shares were down 15.9% to $37.25.
For its second quarter ending July, the athletic apparel company guides for revenue of $375 million to $380 million, comparable sales down in the low- to mid-single digits, and earnings of 28 cents to 30 cents a share. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters expected earnings of 36 cents a share and average sales of $387.2 million.
Also See: Lululemon Shares Tank to 2011 Levels
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates LULULEMON ATHLETICA INC as a Hold with a ratings score of C. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate LULULEMON ATHLETICA INC (LULU) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed -- some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the stock has had a generally disappointing performance in the past year."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: LULU Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV