OKLAHOMA CITY, June 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ - Equal Energy Ltd. ("Equal" or the "Company") (NYSE: EQU) (TSX: EQU) today announced it has filed a definitive management information circular and proxy statement (the "Circular") with respect to a proposed plan of arrangement under the Business Corporations Act ( Alberta) (the "Arrangement ") involving Equal, the shareholders of Equal ("Equal Shareholders"), Petroflow Energy Corporation and Petroflow Canada Acquisition Corp. ("Petroflow Sub" and together with Petroflow Energy Corporation, "Petroflow").
Equal's Board of Directors (the "Board") recommends in the Circular that Equal Shareholders vote FOR the Arrangement.
Under the Arrangement, Petroflow Sub will acquire all of the outstanding common shares of Equal for US$5.43 per share, payable in cash. Upon completion of the Arrangement, Equal Shareholders will also receive a cash dividend of US$0.05 per share.
"This all-cash offer plus dividend represents the best value for Equal shareholders and reflects the outcome of a rigorous process undertaken to explore the full range of strategic alternatives to maximize value for shareholders," said Michael Doyle, Chairman of the Board. "The Board of Directors is unanimous in its view that the Petroflow Arrangement is the best way forward for Equal and its shareholders and we recommend that shareholders vote to approve the Arrangement."Equal Shareholders are encouraged to read the Circular and are invited to attend a special meeting of Equal Shareholders, which will be held on July 8, 2014 in Calgary, Alberta, Canada to consider the Arrangement. Complete information regarding voting at the meeting or by proxy and applicable proxy cut-off times is included in the Circular. About the Arrangement The Arrangement is the culmination of a strategic review process conducted by an independent committee of the Board (the "Special Committee").
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV