3 Stocks Pushing The Health Care Sector Lower
- EW's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 59.10% to $138.90 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, EDWARDS LIFESCIENCES CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 6.96%.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.54, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 3.19 is very high and demonstrates very strong liquidity.
- The gross profit margin for EDWARDS LIFESCIENCES CORP is currently very high, coming in at 75.17%. Regardless of EW's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, EW's net profit margin of 11.54% compares favorably to the industry average.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry and the overall market, EDWARDS LIFESCIENCES CORP's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts