3 Stocks Pushing The Food & Beverage Industry Lower
- SANW's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 3.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 93.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Food Products industry. The net income increased by 78.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$1.87 million to -$0.40 million.
- S&W SEED CO reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, S&W SEED CO swung to a loss, reporting -$0.26 versus $0.07 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.06 versus -$0.26).
- The gross profit margin for S&W SEED CO is rather low; currently it is at 20.27%. Despite the low profit margin, it has increased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, SANW's net profit margin of -4.89% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$1.11 million or 190.54% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.