COLLEGE PARK, Md., June 12, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- kloudtrack®, a leader in cybersecurity and cloud computing (cyber|cloud) technologies and solution services for sensitive data, process management and Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC), will team up with the University of Maryland's Robert H. Smith School of Business and Cisco Systems (NASDAQ: CSCO) to establish the first Innovation Sandbox™ exchange catering to the innovation, workforce development and technology roadmapping needs of public and private sector healthcare, and medical and life science (HealthTech) organizations.
The project was announced as part of today's Maryland Economic Development Association Summer Conference at UMD, themed "Health Innovations: Impact on Economic and Workforce Development."
The HealthTech Innovation Sandbox, which will be available via both physical and virtual data hosting platforms, is being developed jointly by kloudtrack and Cisco in partnership with the Center for Health Information and Decision Systems (CHIDS) -- a research center at the Smith School. The project will allow healthcare, medical and life science organizations to test, research, teach and learn various innovative technologies and/or methodologies in a proof-of-concept "sandbox" environment .
As with all Innovation Sandbox environments, the HealthTech sandbox will be provisioned in tandem with selected vendor partners that offer technologies and solutions in a variety of innovation categories, including:
- Cloud Computing | Cloud Migration | Cloud 2.0™
- Innovation Roadmapping
- Cyber | InfoSecurity
- Data Driven Innovation™ (Data Analytics | Big Data | Reporting)
- Mobility (Wireless | BYOD | Cross-platform | Device Independence)
- Platform Integration | Legacy Data Migration | Portability
- Hosting (IaaS, SaaS, PaaS | Co-Location | Virtualization)
- Secure Collaboration | Safe Sharing
- Business Process Management | Workflow
- Solution Services (IT Assessments, ROI Metrics, Benchmarking, Cloud Broker, Certifications)