Compass Minerals International, Inc. (NYSE: CMP) today announced that it has priced and increased its private placement offering (the “Notes Offering”) from $200 million to $250 million in aggregate principal amount of 4.875% senior notes due 2024 (the “Notes”). The Notes will be sold at a price equal to 100.0% of their face value. The Notes Offering is expected to close on June 23, 2014, subject to the satisfaction or waiver of customary closing conditions.
The net proceeds of the Notes Offering will be used to fund the conditional notice of redemption issued on May 23, 2014, to purchase any and all of Compass Minerals’ outstanding $100.0 million in aggregate principal amount 8% senior notes due 2019 and for general corporate purposes.
The Notes being offered by Compass Minerals in the Notes Offering have not been and will not be registered under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the “Securities Act”), and may not be offered or sold in the United States absent registration or an applicable exemption from registration requirements. The Notes are being offered only to qualified institutional buyers under Rule 144A and outside the United States in compliance with Regulation S under the Securities Act.
This press release does not constitute an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to buy, any security. No offer, solicitation, or sale will be made in any jurisdiction in which such an offer, solicitation, or sale would be unlawful.About Compass Minerals Compass Minerals is a leading provider of essential minerals that address nature’s challenges, including salt for winter roadway safety and other consumer, industrial and agricultural uses, and specialty plant nutrition minerals that improve the quality and yield of crops. The company produces its minerals at locations throughout the U.S. and Canada and in the U.K.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV