Cardinal Health (CAH) Showing Signs Of Being Water-Logged And Getting Wetter
- CAH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $130.6 million.
- CAH has traded 2.2 million shares today.
- CAH traded in a range 220.8% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.98.
- CAH traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 20 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 20 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CAH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CAH NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CAH: Cardinal Health, Inc., a healthcare services company, provides pharmaceutical and medical products and services in the United States and internationally. The company operates in two segments, Pharmaceutical and Medical. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2%. CAH has a PE ratio of 70.7. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Cardinal Health a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Cardinal Health has been 2.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Cardinal Health has a market cap of $23.8 billion and is part of the services sector and wholesale industry. The stock has a beta of 0.53 and a short float of 1.3% with 2.67 days to cover. Shares are up 4.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Cardinal Health as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, CAH's share price has jumped by 53.67%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.60, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Despite the fact that CAH's debt-to-equity ratio is low, the quick ratio, which is currently 0.60, displays a potential problem in covering short-term cash needs.
- CARDINAL HEALTH INC's earnings per share declined by 9.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CARDINAL HEALTH INC reported lower earnings of $0.95 versus $3.07 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.81 versus $0.95).
- CAH, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 16.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 12.7%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for CARDINAL HEALTH INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 6.36%. Regardless of CAH's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 1.47% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Cardinal Health Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.