Hemingway Challenge Tells Ritz-Carlton 'Wow Stories' in 6 Words
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Clayton Ruebensaal refers to them as the "wow stories." And they are seemingly endless, as well as inspiring.
So inspiring, Ritz-Carlton Hotel decided recently to start a social media campaign to share its accumulating wow stories from guests gushing about their memorable, unforgettable and treasured Ritz-Carlton moments.
But in the world of social media oversharing and brands giving away a little too much at times, Ritz-Carlton is opting for a spare, unique approach.Last month the luxury hotel company issued a six-word challenge to guests via social media, a la the fabled challenge friends once issued to Ernest Hemingway to write a story using just a half-dozen words. Hemingway, according to legend, won the bet by writing: For sale: Baby shoes. Never worn. Ritz-Carlton clientele have responded with equal flair when asked to share their six-word Ritz-Carlton memory on the hotel's social media platforms using the identifier #RCMemories. The responses have been playful, intriguing, eloquent and exactly what the company was hoping for -- abundant. To wit: First Tooth.
Girl Delighted. And: Treasures lost.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV