By Robbie Citrino for Kapitall.
The typical income stock is a conglomerate whose share price rarely moves, whose business model is steady, and whose dividend pays over 5%. The following five stocks, however, have broken this mold and returned more than 20% this year.
AstraZenica (AZN), the London-based pharmaceutical company rode the biotech boom this year, jumping 24% in six months while holding its 5.22% dividend steady for investors.
Orange (ORAN), a technology solutions and telecom firm based in Paris that currently returns 8% to shareholders in a semiannual dividend. It rose nearly 38% over the course of two quarters by beating analysts' estimates and by earning analysts' upgrades.The Italian telecom giant, Telecom Italia SpA (TI), has tacked on a whopping 8.9 billion in market cap (or 44%) since December in addition to the 8.8% shareholders received from its dividend despite being downgraded by a variety of analysts. Rebounding from yearly lows in December, American Capital Agency Corp (AGNC), an American residential REIT has posted solid gains upwards of 20% as analysts pushed their price targets into higher territory. All the while, it kept its staggering 11% dividend in place to entice investors. These four stocks are exemplary models of what investors are looking for; however, can their share price keep climbing, or will they return to acting like the typical income stock? Can one investor have it all? Use the links below to start your own research, and tell us what you think in the comments! Click on the interactive chart to view data over time. 1. AstraZeneca PLC ( AZN, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Develops, and commercializes prescription medicines for cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, infection, neuroscience, oncology, and respiratory and inflammation diseases worldwide. Market cap at $85.33B, most recent closing price at $68.05.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV