NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Nokia
(NOK) announced that it has reached an agreement to buy Seattle based mobile analytics company Medio Systems to bolster its own mapping and navigation project called Here.
The acquisition is an effort to make the company's mapping system more personalized, location-based results.
The move continues Nokia's transformation as it moves away from the smartphone business that it sold to Microsoft (MSFT) for $7.5 billion in April. Financial terms of the deal have not yet been made available.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV