Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced a portfolio of Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification (DOCSIS) hardware and software test solutions for generating and analyzing signals up to a bandwidth of 192 MHz. The test solutions are used by R&D engineers to test transmitters, receivers and components against the requirements set forth in the DOCSIS 3.1 specification.
The DOCSIS standard continues to evolve to meet the needs of cable operators and their subscribers worldwide. Emerging applications, such as high-definition television (HDTV), video streaming around the home, and in-room gaming, are driving the demand for multi-gigabit data rates. This need for increased bandwidth has led to the development of version 3.1 of the DOCSIS standard.
DOCSIS 3.1 achieves its increased speed and capacity through the use of orthogonal frequency-division multiplexing (OFDM) and low-density parity-check (LDPC) forward error correction (FEC) technology. The new DOCSIS 3.1 specification provides:
- up to 50 percent more data throughput over the same spectrum;
- the ability to deliver 2.5 Gbps in the upstream; and
- 10 Gbps in the downstream on an existing hybrid fiber-coaxial (HFC) network.
DOCSIS 3.1’s efficient spectrum use enables a significant decrease in the cost per bit for data delivery. It provides a cost-effective way for cable operators to increase capacity and speed, providing them a competitive advantage over satellite and wireless providers.“While the DOCSIS 3.1 standard delivers much needed capacity and speed improvements, it also creates a number of new challenges in design and test,” said Jay Alexander, Keysight Technologies’ chief technology officer, previously vice president and general manager of Agilent’s Oscilloscope and Protocol Division. “Agilent’s portfolio of DOCSIS 3.1 test solutions easily handles the complexity of OFDM and LDPC FEC, while at the same time supporting legacy DOCSIS technologies.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV