NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- GT Advanced Technologies
(GTAT) shares are up 6.3% to $18.51 on Thursday following the company's announcement that Qatar Solar Energy had purchased an order of the company's next generation HiCz200 furnaces.
The furnaces will be used in Qatar Solar Energy's integrated photovalic manufacturing project in Qatar.
"This is an exciting opportunity for GT to have our leading edge HiCz technology selected to be a part of the first vertically integrated PV manufacturing facility in the MENA region. The GT HiCz 200 furnace is expected to produce high quality n-type wafers for solar cells with efficiencies that exceed 22 percent," said Executive VP Dave Keck.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV