Rudi's Organic Bakery® Pretzel Rolls with Rainbow Slaw and Barbecue Chicken Makes 12 slidersDeveloped by: Frances Largeman-Roth, RDN
1 small head red cabbage (about 1 pound), shredded11⁄4 cups carrots, shredded1 red or yellow bell pepper, sliced thinly into strips and cut crosswise into 2-inch pieces1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil2 teaspoons whole-grain Dijon mustard1 tablespoon honey3 tablespoons fresh orange juice1⁄4 teaspoon salt1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper6 cups cooked, cooled chicken, skin removed and shredded11/2 cups organic barbecue sauce12 Rudi's Organic Bakery® Pretzel Rolls, halved lengthwise
1. Toss the cabbage, carrots, bell pepper and cilantro together in a large bowl.2. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, mustard, honey, orange juice, salt, and pepper. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the vegetables and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.3. Combine the cooked shredded chicken and barbecue sauce in a large bowl and combine thoroughly until the chicken is completely coated with sauce. Set aside.4. Lightly toast the pretzel rolls. Evenly cover the bottom halves of each roll with ½ cup of the chicken mixture, and then top with ½ cup of the slaw. Cut in half and serve.
In addition to the new Organic Pretzel Rolls, Rudi's Organic Bakery® brand offers a full, scrumptious and innovative line of certified organic products designed to delight the whole family, including Sandwich Breads, Tortillas, Hamburger Buns and Hot Dog Rolls, Sandwich Flatz, Bagels and English Muffins and Soft Pretzels. Visit rudisbakery.com to learn more about its products. To find Rudi's Organic Bakery® products near you, including the new Organic Pretzel Rolls, which are available nationally at natural food retailers and select mainstream supermarkets, you can use the store locator.About Rudi's Organic Bakery, Inc.Rudi's Organic Bakery, Inc., has been passionate about baking wholesome breads for families for more than 35 years. Founded and based in Boulder, Colorado, Rudi's Organic Bakery® is the only nationally available brand offering a full line of nutritious and delicious, certified organic breads and baked goods. Rudi's Organic Bakery® is committed to baking breads using only the highest quality organic ingredients, with no artificial colors, flavor, or preservatives and no GMO ingredients. In 2010, Rudi's Organic® leveraged this heritage to create Rudi's Gluten-Free Bakery™, a line of certified gluten-free breads and baked goods made with wholesome, all-natural ingredients so that each bite tastes like the real thing. Rudi's Organic Bakery® and Rudi's Gluten-Free Bakery™ products are available nationally at natural foods stores and select mainstream supermarkets. For more information, visit rudisbakery.com. The Hain Celestial Group, Inc.The Hain Celestial Group (NASDAQ: HAIN), headquartered in Lake Success, NY, is a leading organic and natural products company in North America and Europe. Hain Celestial participates in many natural categories with well-known brands that include Celestial Seasonings®, Earth's Best®, Ella's Kitchen®, Terra®, Garden of Eatin'®, Sensible Portions®, Health Valley®, Arrowhead Mills®, MaraNatha®, SunSpire®, DeBoles®, Rudi's Organic Bakery®, Gluten Free Cafe™, Hain Pure Foods®, Spectrum®, Spectrum Essentials®, Walnut Acres Organic®, Imagine®, Almond Dream®, Rice Dream®, Soy Dream®, WestSoy®, The Greek Gods®, BluePrint®, Yves Veggie Cuisine®, Europe's Best®, Cully & Sully®, New Covent Garden Soup Co.®, Johnson's Juice Co.®, Farmhouse Fare®, Hartley's®, Sun-Pat®, Gale's®, Robertson's®, Frank Cooper's®, Linda McCartney®, Lima®, Danival®, GG UniqueFiber®, Tilda®, Akash Basmati®, Abu Shmagh®, JASON®, Avalon Organics®, Alba Botanica® and Queen Helene®. Hain Celestial has been providing A Healthier Way of Life™ since 1993. For more information, visit www.hain.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV