New Jersey American Water has added a new feature to its Facebook page: a Water Alerts Map that shows customers where service outages are and if any water restrictions are in place.
Visitors to the company’s Facebook site can access the Water Alerts Map from the left panel of the page, and then be directed to a color-coded map that shows the current status of water main breaks, boil water advisories, water-use restrictions, and conservation information.
“The addition of the Water Alerts Map is a fast and easy way for our customers to identify disruptions to their service,” said Peter Eschbach, New Jersey American Water’s director of communications and external affairs. “While we work 24 hours a day, seven days a week to maintain high quality water service to our customers, occasionally infrastructure does need repair. With this alerts system, customers can see what streets are impacted and the estimated time that repairs will be made.”
New Jersey American Water, a wholly owned subsidiary of American Water (NYSE: AWK) is the largest investor-owned water utility in the state, providing high-quality and reliable water and/or wastewater services to approximately 2.5 million people. Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Voorhees, N.J., the company employs approximately 6,000 dedicated professionals who provide drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 14 million people in more than 40 states, as well as parts of Canada. More information can be found by visiting www.amwater.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV