HDFC Bank (HDB) Hits New Lifetime High Today
- HDB has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $64.8 million.
- HDB has traded 2,268 shares today.
- HDB is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HDB with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HDB NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HDB: HDFC Bank Limited, together with its subsidiaries, provides a range of banking and financial services to individuals and businesses in India, as well as in Bahrain and Hong Kong. The company operates in four segments: Retail Banking, Wholesale Banking, Treasury, and Other Banking Operations. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.7%. HDB has a PE ratio of 33.6. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate HDFC Bank a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for HDFC Bank has been 1.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. HDFC has a market cap of $37.8 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. Shares are up 37.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates HDFC Bank as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, notable return on equity and increase in stock price during the past year. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the growth in the company's earnings per share has not been good. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Commercial Banks industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 31.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $352.13 million to $463.73 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Commercial Banks industry and the overall market, HDFC BANK LTD's return on equity significantly exceeds that of the industry average and is above that of the S&P 500.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry, implying reduced upside potential.
- HDFC BANK LTD has improved earnings per share by 31.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, HDFC BANK LTD increased its bottom line by earning $1.83 versus $1.56 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 19.3% in earnings ($1.48 versus $1.83).
- You can view the full HDFC Bank Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.