NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Imperial Tobacco Group (ITYBY) is looking at a deal for assets likely to be divested from Reynolds American Inc. (RAI) and Lorillard Inc. (LO) if the two tobacco companies move forward with a proposed combination, sources say, Reuters reports.
The two U.S. companies are in advanced talks about a merger.
The companies have discussed divesting some brands to address potential antitrust concerns.
Imperial, based in the U.K., has held discussions about acquiring these brands and is working with advisers to study the deal, sources added, Reuters said.Imperial stock is up 1.20% to $89.67.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV