The high-end furniture company said its earnings per share rose a whopping 200% in the fiscal first quarter from the prior year to 18 cents, excluding some items. Consensus had called for 7 cents less in earnings per share. Management also raised full-year earnings guidance.
The outperformance echoes the earlier results of luxury brands like Tiffany's (TIF). The high-end diamond retailer also had a beat-and-raise quarter. Nordstrom (JWN) and Bloomingdale's owner Macy's (M) are two other brands that have topped expectations this earnings season. Restoration's results were strong across the board. The company said net revenues increased 22% to $366.3 million. Growth slowed from last year's 38% net revenue jump, but still soundly beat Wall Street's consensus estimate of $348.49 million. Restoration raised its outlook for the fiscal year. Management guided to net revenues in the range of $1.86 billion and $1.89 billion. It expects adjusted net income in the range of $91.9 million to $94.3 million. EPS, excluding some items, should be in the range of $2.24 to $2.30. The new EPS range easily topped consensus calls for $2.20. The stock rose more than 14% in premarket trading to $81.74.
$400 million rise in mkt.cap as $RH raises full year EPS guidance http://stks.co/j0i1g ? Bidness Etc (@BidnessEtc) Jun. 12 at 07:46 AMInvestors anticipated that analysts would release a barrage of upgrades Thursday.
$RH This could touch $83-$85 tomorrow after getting some upgrades in the a.m. Will look at some OTM calls at the open tmrw for a quick trade ? Clark Joseph (@JorelLaraKalel) Jun. 11 at 06:08 PM
$RH - Expect another leg up during the conference call, price target $83 - $85 by tomorrow depending on the call and upgrades ? DanteZ (@DanteZ) Jun. 11 at 04:41 PM
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV