Geron (GERN) Trading With Heavy Volume Before Market Open
- GERN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $11.6 million.
- GERN traded 454,620 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:55 AM, representing 13.2% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GERN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GERN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GERN: Geron Corporation, a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company, develops a telomerase inhibitor, imetelstat, to treat hematologic myeloid malignancies. The company was founded in 1990 and is based in Menlo Park, California. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Geron a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Geron has been 4.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Geron has a market cap of $335.8 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 2.49 and a short float of 18.7% with 7.45 days to cover. Shares are down 50.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Geron as a sell. The area that we feel has been the company's primary weakness has been its declining revenues. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, GERON CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 25.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 38.0%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Biotechnology industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 29.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$11.90 million to -$8.44 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to -$9.51 million or 41.42% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 16.92%.
- GERN has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 32.65, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- You can view the full Geron Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV